Monday, April 23, 2012

Placement 1A - Day 1

5.50 am came pretty early this morning. Guess it was a good things that I went to bed at 10:30pm last night. Pretty sure I am going to do the same tonight.

The drive into Penticton was nice. The lake was beautiful. Nicky did a drive by of the placement place and dropped me off at the Starbucks in  Safeway where I killed the time till 9am when I started.

Anyways, I met my supervisors at OSNS and got to it right away. Apparently they do a lot of home visits, so that is what we did first. It was awesome to get into it right away and see some of the tools that they use. The therapist was great, she got right in there and was playing around with the patient (pt.) on the floor. I mostly watched and tried not to be to distracting to the child.

When we got back I got a tour of the facility. The facility is really nice and has tons of toys! and its so organized! There is a nice big gym and offices and treatment rooms. Also, everyone was very welcoming there were even some bunnies and dogs just hanging out :)

It was such a beaut of a day we got to have lunch outside in the mid-twenties Okanagan sunshine.

in the afternoon I observed my other supervisor's clients and got to see some interesting cases. Definitely stuff that we covered in class. But SO good to see it in the real world. So Good!

Before I knew it, it was time to head home to West Bank. Another beauty of a drive. And when I got home I went for a run along a nearby trail in the warm 25'C air.... oh it was one of those afternoons that only happens in the interior of BC, you know the ones.... sigh. great views to boot!

what a day :D




2 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful placement whats with the dogs and bunnies "just hangin out"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it went well and that the day went by quickly. How much hands on stuff will you get to do?

    ReplyDelete